Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The worst package ever

The other day I went to the office and was excited to see a package on my desk. I tore it open and was perplexed at what I found. No, not a cup of coffee (look closer). A MIF Procedure Kit, for the collection, staining, and preservation of fecal specimens. No explanation as to why this was being sent accompanied the kit. I'm guessing it has something to do with my upcoming mid-service training, but I am steering clear of this particular present until given a specific directive. Wouldn't you?

This seems like a good place to mention my address again, in case you wanted to send me a MIF kit, or maybe something better... like DVDs of the upcoming Husky Football season (I'm really serious, this would make me so incredibly happy), or magazines, as Peace Corps is canceling our Newsweek subscription in a cost-saving move.

Letters, small packages --
Craig Bosman, PCV
c/o the Peace Corps Office
6/F PNB Financial Center
Macapagal Avenue
Pasay City 1308
Philippines

Larger packages --
Craig Bosman
US Peace Corps Volunteer
LGU-Amlan, MENRO
Municipal Hall
Amlan, Negros Oriental 6203
Philippines


EDIT: Please do not send me DVDs of awful games. I don't really want to watch the Oregon or Oklahoma debacles. As Sarah Palin said, "Thanks but no thanks". Except I'm not lying when I say it.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Craig,

What a riot about the 'coffee' canister ... I spent the year after high school in the Congo doing ... stool samples ... !

Never did get used to it ...

ZOE, John Oerter

Craig said...

Haha, that's right! As it turned out, we were all required to produce two different samples. You can imagine what the bulk of conversation was about during the first part of the week.