Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Lack of Posting

I think the handbook for families of Volunteers warns of less frequent letters home as time goes on and the Volunteer gains new perspectives, gets more used to life in their adopted country, and is further removed from everyday American life. In some sense, this is probably what’s happened with this blog as of late. But also, I’ve also built up in my mind the need to make every entry sort of epic, either a fantastic story or an in-depth news report, and few things lately have fit that bill in my mind. If I think about it, a lot has actually gone on since I last posted. Furthering ties with the local soccer team, including participating in our first tournament, a refurbished tennis court, a plan to make a huge mural in my town, developing some architecture plans for a new library, entering in a mountain bike race, visiting friends in Cebu, not shaving for six weeks and counting in preparation for a mustache contest, helping with a scientific research project in Siquijor, being a complete and total Olympics junkie, and slow but steady progress on most of my projects. Honestly I doubt I’ll ever fully post regarding all these things, but some of them will probably be incorporated into future posts. I tend to do this thing in spurts, and recently most of my writing energy has been focused on creating satirical Onion-style stories for a Volunteer newsletter that would probably take too much energy to explain. So for you loyal blog readers, if you haven’t given up by now, I’ll do my best to update more frequently and less epically. In fact, here come a couple right now.

No comments: